Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holiday Card Boot Camp

When I heard about the online card class with Jennifer McGuire, I just had to sign up for it.  I need all the help I can get to learn new techniques and ideas for creating my own cards.   It's my first online class, but from the start I can see it's well planned and thorough in presenting everything clearly.  I'll have to take my time absorbing all this new information so I don't expect to keep up with posting cards in the gallery, but it's good to know that it's okay as I'll have access to it forever. 

So for the next two weeks there are daily online classes, with videos and instructions to make holiday cards, and this may get me started on doing some of my own for Christmas.  I'll be sharing them here as I attempt to case the designs,  but they'll most certainly be different since my supplies are meagre and I can't duplicate the techniques.  However, I can adjust and adapt by using what I do have on hand.   Here's my attempt from Day 1.
 
I didn't have the diecut ornament, so had to print out the file onto  cardstock, then cut it out as a template.  Love this Coredinations Pearlized cardstock for the base and the blue shimmer paper worked well with it.  I cut out the ornament from the same gold paper, but instead of the snowflake design, I added some sapphire blings down the center, and tied the top with gold tinsel cord.  Sorry that the  blue"Joy" sentiment isn't too visible on the gold in the photo, but the Martha Stewart  border punch picks up the blue beneath it which added a nice accent.  Do like this card and may create a few more like it, or adapt the design for other occasions.
Thanks for visiting and leaving your comments for me.



1 comment:

grandmalee said...

I'm so jealous that you're taking one of Jennifer's classes! She definately has a ton of amazing talent and info, so I'm sure you will be pleased with what she has to offer.

I just remembered that I have some of this paper, so I may have to try this one out myself. I've used the punch to add to a card, but I love how it looks this way. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with from her classes!